I like telling people what to buy other people. I think of it as a gifty Karma, and hope that someone buys me stuff later on. So for the next little bit? Gift guides.
Today's gifts are for the nerds in your life. And the dudes. They may be different, but in my house they are the same.
Loot Crate $20/month
A grab-bag subscription service for nerds. W has one and every month he giggles like a schoolgirl when he opens it. And says things like "Yes! More caffeinated gum!" One time he got his new signature scent, Iron Man Cologne. I wish I were making this up.
His Other Timepiece
Word on the street is that ballers wear Invicta. I don't even know.
Slightly Obscure, Goofy T-Shirts
Does your dude/nerd want random stranger dude/nerds to approach him and say "Nice shirt, dude" when he goes out in public? Then you need to visit shirtwoot.
Ones that get the most attention out here? Drunk Cookie and Bazinga, Our Target also has some nice Arrested Development and Saved By The Bell ones. Not just any goofy shirt will do, however; the key is the slightly obscure nature. The wearer should project the following statement: "Yeah, I follow Wil Wheaton on Twitter, but I was following him WAY before he was on Big Bang."
Dress Shoes He Did Not Own in College
You know what I am talking about. Update those bad boys.
A nice French-Cuffed shirt and some slightly obscure, goofy cufflinks.
But your nerd is a lady, you say? Never fear: I've got you covered.
A Tiara

2 comments:
OMG! I love that you included videos. I want to be a princess so bad. Big Bang Theory is so beloved at our house that even Julian will tell you that Sheldon is funny. He used to call the show "Bazinga" but now he calls it "Sheldon." Have you seen the Big Bang Theory flash mob? If not, google it right now and make sure you watch the full version. I've been considering a Bazinga shirt for Brian. He already has a "Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock" shirt that I got him last year. I look forward to your other gift guides but the nerd one will probably still be my favorite.
Seriously, how she did not get twelve Emmys based on that scene alone is a mystery.
And check ThinkGeek--they have a whole BBT section.
Post a Comment