Friday, December 07, 2012

2012 Holiday Guide: Gifts for Borderline Agoraphobics

Sometimes people don't ever leave the house. Hypothetically. Maybe because their meds don't work, or maybe because they have two toddlers. Maybe a little of both. Those people want gifts, too. Gifts they can take to bed with them while they sleep for eighteen hours.

Kindle and ebooks
 Just because one happens to spend a lot of time in bed does not mean one is always sleeping. And lots of books are hard to sleep around. Maybe a Paperwhite and some book downloads--I recommend The Bloggess' Let's Pretend This Never Happened. Maybe your crazy loved one will find some comfort. Under no circumstances should you gift them any Sylvia Plath.

 Toms 
 She may not leave the house, but her feet will be cute and comfy. And if she DOES go outside, Toms will suggest to people at Wal Mart that she is a hipster, and smelly on purpose. I like these ones because the math suggests "eccentric genius," not "unkempt."

 Really Soft Towels
This is just a good gift for anyone you know. Everyone wants a soft towel. Spray it with some Gain Febreeze for an extra bonus.

Game Downloads 
 Hypothetically, your generalized anxiety disorder sufferer may spend a lot of time trying to turn off the panic/sadness. Stupid video games may, hypothetically, do this. Big Fish Games has credits for gifting. (Do not give facebook credits, because then you will have to unfriend them after thousands of status updates about milking and farming and mining and gemming.)

Pebble Ice from Sonic.
Best friends give each other giant bags of pebble ice.   It is much harder to be sad with delicious pebble ice.  And when they have to take a ton of meds, a refreshingly cool glass of water says "I am thinking of you and your crazy."

 Buster Makeout Sessions
These pretty much make everything better, even crippling panic and depression. Luckily he is pretty cheap--he trades besos for ipad time.

Cash
Because being sad is sad, but being poor and sad is just  awful.


5 comments:

Beth said...

You again have blown my mind. I was a little sad about the lack of videos (I've watched the tiara video on your blog at least 4 times because it just makes me so happy) but the picture of Buster is so dang cute.

I might have to get some of the geometry Tom's just to add to my math nerdiness. Also, the book you suggested sounds hilarious. I'm thinking about using some of my Amazon credit to download it.

After your last post, I'm ordering Brian a Loot Crate subscription for his birthday in January. I need more of your genius.

Melody said...

So wait: You're telling me that you can buy a bag of pebble ice? WHAT??

La Yen said...

Drive Through. $1.99. GIANT BAG.

*mic drop*

Waldo said...

Use me as a referral for loot crate. I might get stuff!

CKW said...

I liked those Toms, but I don't feel like it is fair for my feet to wear things that my head can't understand. I'll have to stick with plain ones. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails