Monday, March 31, 2008

How much do I hate bugs?

I think I just broke my finger killing a spider. I really think it is broken. I hit the spider so hard that I think I broke my finger. Ouch.

But it was a hairy spider the size of a half-dollar. And I killed the crap out of it.

PS--when I was little I used to be so afraid that the resurrection would come while I was on the toilet, and all of the dead bugs we had flushed would appear and bite my buns.

PPS--My finger really hurts.

9 comments:

Carina said...

I would get freaked out completely that the bugs I flushed would come back to literally bite my in the butt.

b. said...

Use a shoe next time.

PS. that's just weird

PPS. Seriously, use a shoe next time.

dastew said...

Awesome. I mean I'd be more worried about all the fish I flushed coming back and biting my butt. After all even resurrected bugs can be squashed again. My big fear/curiosity was to be in the Catacombs of Paris during the resurrection because I just want to see how crowded it is there.

La Yen said...

I DID use a shoe.

QueenScarlett said...

Ok...so that is my irrational fear. I kill a bug and throw it in the toilet and then I have to pee... so as I'm sitting there I'm thinking... what if it... and then my other rational self slaps my irrational self...but not enough that I don't hurry my bizness... ;-)

Let's face it... sitting on the toilet with your bum facing the bowl is kind of a vulnerable position.

Guileless Mom said...

ick. spiders.

"spiders crawling up your back! bite you! bite you!"

that little ditty runs through my head while I sit on the toilet hoping the spider does not spring back to life and crawl his way out of the bowl. it gives me the heebie jeebies and I WILL admit that I HOVER after such incidents.

sue-donym said...

Remind me to tell you about the horror book I read that showed a picture of giant snakes coming out of the shower head. It has stayed with me for YEARS.

Sorry about the finger.

Rynell said...

Texas has the biggest bugs. I completely understand how you could break a finger when killing one.

Arachnophobia (the movie) freaked me out. Nightmares and all.

Kayt Ludi said...

At least your childhood bathroom fear makes more sense than mine did (sharks in the tub!) ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails