Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Holy Crapballs, it's Time to Spend Money!

**Jooj has recently started saying "Holy Crapballs!"  I honestly don't know where she got it, but it sure is catching.


For the price of a cup of coffee a day, you can give these urchins a magical Christmas.

Welp, it's that time of year--the time when we pull out our Christmas Club savings from which we have dutifully stashed away at least $100 a month, so that our families can have a truly magical season of receiving. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, we used our "Christmas Club" on car repairs/house repairs/car repairs and car repairs, too.  Our mechanic is getting a boat this year.

I'm not going to lie, 2012 is tight for almost everyone I know.  And it makes me sad, because that means almost everyone I know is not going to get me anything for Christmas.  (Also it makes me sad for their children, but not as much.) 

Last year I posted about how I save money for Christmas, and I am doing the same things this year, too--Swagbucks (at least $50 in Amazon cards so far!), paid surveys (don't laugh, almost $80 in measly $3 checks this year!), and homemade meth (I save money by cutting it with homemade laundry soap!).

How do you save money for holiday spending?  Past January?  What tips and tricks can you share?

Last year's Christmas Giving posts are  here, here, and here.


3 comments:

CKW said...

I have been doing swagbucks and have subsequently been kicking myself that I didn't start doing it last year when you told me to!

Sherry said...

I do surveys for which I can get gift cards. But I use those gift cards to buy clothes for myself throughout the year. I really should plan this better.

La Yen said...

Being broke is super fun, y'all!
And Sherry, keep buying clothes, because you have three years before you are contractually obligated to spend all of your money on Legos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails