I have come to the realization that nothing is possible when I am pregnant, other than growing a baby.
This is my daily schedule:
- Wake up and decide that however Jooj's hair is is just fine for school.
- Scrounge money for her to buy lunch because I cannot possibly be held accountable for the creating of a PB&J.
- Change Buster's diaper. Leave it in his room because I cannot possibly take both him AND a diaper downstairs.
- Put a load of laundry in the washer/rewash the same load from yesterday*.
- Get a bottle of root beer from the pantry upstairs.
- Vomit from the smell of Buster's dirty diaper in his room.
- Drink two liters of root beer.
- Listen attentively for signs that Buster is still alive somewhere in the house.
- Cry.
- Look at Pinterest**.
- Feed Buster one chicken nugget.
- Make executive decision as to just how wet Buster's clothes need to be*** before I change his outfit.
- Drink two liters of root beer.
- Vomit from the smell of Buster's dirty diaper in his room.
- Put Buster down for nap.
- Put self down for nap. Bring Oreos.
- Hit snooze.
- Grab Buster, unchanged, from his nap and pick Jooj up from First Grade.
- Cry.
- Drink two liters of root beer.
- Cry.
- Drink two liters of root beer.
- Listen attentively for signs that both children are alive somewhere in the house.
- Take Jooj to karate.
- Cry.
- Compose increasingly desperate text messages to W.
- Cry.
- Cry.
- Rewash the laundry from the morning.
- Cry.
- Decide on which kind of cold cereal we will feature for dinner.
- Cry.
- Cry on W when he walks in the door.
- Go upstairs to rest "for just a minute." Take Oreos.
- Vomit from smell of Buster's dirty diapers.
- Wake up at 10 pm.
- Cry.
- Pee.
- Go back to sleep.
- Wake up at midnight and vomit.
Also, things that are not on this list:
- bathe self or others
- clean
- form sentences
- read scriptures
- pay bills
- think about things
- fill up gas tank
- decorate for holidays
- write more than 140 characters in a row
- be nice to husband
- enforce chores
- answer phone
Only one-to-three more months of this! Then a whole NEW level of rootbeer and crying. Yay.
*The latter
**Follow me on Pinterest. If you need an invite, leave me a note in the comments.
***Because he was in the dog's water bowl. Duh.

5 comments:
At least your baby is getting sufficient in-utero root beer. I think a deficiency is the cause of much of the evil in this world.
the root beer is key
At least when baby is out the puking will be done by him and not you.
I'm impressed. I didn't get half that much done today and I am not even pregnant. Give yourself a pat on the back...
You're making me crave more root beer again and I'm not even pregnant anymore. Since the baby is finally asleep and I have nothing better to do, I've been reading a bunch of your old blog posts to entertain myself. I needed some humor because this is typically the time of day when all I can do is cry. Thanks for being so awesome even when you don't feel like you've accomplished much. Know that you always bring a smile to my face so you're doing something for me all the time and I love you to death for it.
PS I want an invite to Pinterest so I can see what all the hype is about.
Post a Comment