Thursday, January 28, 2010

Positively Happy Wednesday is Over.

Yesterday was hard to think about in a positive fashion. But here you go:

1. I talked to one of my favorite people in the world, our bishop's wife. She is rad. And she told me that when she was on Zofran for her chemo it made her really, really, high, just like me. This is positive on two fronts: I am on Zofran because of pregnancy, not cancer; I can now picture the bishop's wife stoned.

2. W got home really late, but just in time to clean up the dog vomit, which saved us from having to burn down the house or move. (Dog vomit is my mouse in the laundry room.)

3. I got to whine to ~J. She always lets me whine and interrupt and then her kids say something really funny or loud and I feel better.

4. Planner told me to clean the toilets, and I didn't. But this was okay, because I only had to see the filthy toilets up close in my face ONE time! (This is a major positive.)

5. W has some soldiers that are making his life miserable. But that allowed me to make the following segue: "Speaking of soldiers screwing things (up), the President is going to ask Congress to repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell!" ZING! You can't buy that kind of set-up, folks.

*********************************************************************************
For Shar:
This is how I made yogurt:
I bought this yogurt maker.
I put milk and base in it.
I let it cook overnight.
I ate yogurt with jam and fruit and granola.

11 comments:

J Cubed said...

I love your daily updates....keep them coming....also - helps everyone to change their thinking. Don'tcha think?

La Yen said...

I don't know about other people, but it sure helps me. Because all day I am thinking "I have to find FIVE THINGS THAT WERE GOOD." And when I literally only move from the couch to the bathroom to the gingerale, it can be hard to feel positive.

I am glad that you like them, though! Send money.

~j. said...

I thought dogs ate their own vomit.

La Yen said...

Only in the bible.

They do eat their own placentas. But not Rocky. He is a boy.

Mrs. O said...

I thought Sue's iPad joke yesterday was pretty stellar. Otherwise there's not a whole lot good about yesterday and I'm positively happy it's now yesterday.

Anonymous said...

You've given me too many topics to comment on. So I'll just choose the first. Zofran= lifesaver! I never would have survived pregnancy w/o it!

Carina said...

No, you cannot.


Try the veal! We'll be here all week!

Rynell said...

Way to be positive!

Having kids old enough/capable enough to clean the toilets has made my life beautiful in so many ways. Just think -- you'll have a toilet cleaner in approximately eight to ten years.

Jennifer said...

I despise cleaning the bathrooms. When my boys were 6,4, and 2 (yes, 2!) I delegated that to them! Of course they need a little help, but that's how I make sure they get cleaned weekly instead of once a month :) Each week they switch responsibilities -- one will clean the toilets, one does the sinks/counters, and one cleans the mirrors.
Can't wait until the baby is old enough -- then someone can clean the showers for me ;)

Anne-Marie said...

Ahhh. Zofran. Finally caved & used it on Pregnancy #4, even though many of my holistic friends & Mom disapproved. It's good stuff.

never felt even slightly high though. Wicked headaches & constipation like none other. But, helped the nausea. Priorities.

Shar said...

Whaat? Yogurt machine? Seriously blows my mind. I had no idea you could MAKE it. With a MACHINE. I guess I've been living under a rock.

I have my husband clean ours. Because... I don't pee on the seat.

I've heard zofran is the bomb.

Related Posts with Thumbnails