Friday, March 20, 2009

No Success Outside the Home will Compensate for TastyKakes Inside the Home

First: Thanks for your prayers. I assume you were praying for me, because I am self-centered like that. No more shaking and no other symptoms. I am even wearing heels again, so Azucar can breathe a sigh of relief. I know that there was some miraculous healing going on.

Second: TASTYKAKE available in EP! For those not in the know, Hostess and Bluebird and Little Debbie are the bastard siblings of the far superior TastyKake. (We won't even discuss Dolly Madison and her plastic zingers with their slightly delicious roll-off frosting.) I think it is only available in the South, and East, possibly in the Mid. Maybe just not in Utah or California. Not sure. What I am sure of is that I bought some today. And it is awesome. I was very close to having to order them online.

Third: I give you the Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. I bribed her with a "Hippity Hop" TastyKake. Which is dark chocolate and coconut. I was trying so hard not to laugh that I forgot the words. Which is fine, because she did her own riff. She is an improviser like that.


Fourth: At 1AM this morning when Jooj was having a 105 fever and was shivering I put her in the bath to cool her body, and then I was carrying her and being extra nice and she said "Why you doing all this for me, Mami?" And I said "Because I am your Mami and it is what I do." And she said "That is so nice." Which warmed my cockles. Then she informed me that when her father comes home the two of them will sleep in my bed and I will sleep in her room.

Fifth: She then said a prayer and closed it thusly: "In Jesus' name, Amen. Pi-ZOW!!"

8 comments:

Fig said...

At one point, I swear she yells "THEN WE'LL BE DEAD!" You know, instead of "perhaps she'll die". Though I'm not quite fluent in Jooj.

You do a mean "Old Lady Swallowed a Fly". Your voice is lovely. Truly.

(Word verif: purge. Which I might need to do shortly, because I'm off to eat a whole pie.)

La Yen said...

You speak some good Jooj. Her main chorus is "The Her Will Be DEAD!" But she switches it up.

I want some pie.

b. said...

so THAT's why my prayers sometimes don't get answered...I left off the Pi-ZOW!!!

You're good singers, both of yas.

La Yen said...

Thanks for the compliment! We are both very enthusiastic in our singing, for sure!

I think the Pi-ZOW makes all the difference.

dalene said...

Now my cockles are warm, too. And I didn't even know I had any. I wish I were off to eat a pie instead of off to Google "cockles."

Anne-Marie said...

The perfect end to a prayer. Sort of a like the way a newscaster has a signature sign-off.

soybeanlover said...

Glad our prayers worked.

Maybe Edamame will want to say his prayers if we have them end with Pi-ZOW! Thanks Jooj, already doing missionary work.

Geo said...

So glad you're better!!

Thanks for the good lessons in mami-ing and praying. I'm going to experiment upon the word (and the word is Pi-ZOW!!) and see what happens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails