Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Moving Monday Giveaway: Yes, it is Tuesday.

So I am still focusing on the kitchen. Because this is the room where most of the stuff is. For the next few weeks I am culling out my cookbooks. The ones I don't use, the ones that are too froofy, the ones with too many words. All can be yours!`

This week's giveaway is


Oh, Martha, nothing in this book makes me happy. I know that by questioning you and your methods I am asking for some sort of lightening-bolt-thuggery, but there you have it. You and Ina make pretty things, but they have never translated to my kitchen. Maybe because I am more of an improviser, or because you sometimes leave out steps? Or because when Ina says "caramel" she actually means "toffee" because THAT is what you get at the specified hard ball stage on the candy thermometer, which is still tasty, but is NOT caramel. But your book is really pretty. And orange. And a lot of people swear by it. No hard feelings?

This can be yours, if you leave a comment by Monday morning and the random robots choose you!

11 comments:

Mrs. O said...

But are the pictures pretty? (my sole criteria for choosing cookbooks)

La Yen said...

They are very "Martha." So, yes. They are pretty. And they inspire you. And mock you when it does not turn out.

Carina said...

I am the commenting!

Wife of dastew said...

I love baking and if I win I promise to make you your choice of baked goodness from this or any other cookbook.

QueenScarlett said...

If this is like any Ina book...I'm in. ;-)

dalene said...

Does it have actual recipes or just pretty pictures? Either way, count me in.

cabesh said...

I heart Martha. And the color orange (serio--it's my favorite).

Fig said...

I like cookbooks for the pictures. I read them in the bathroom.

You're welcome, for that little tidbit.

Rynell said...

I love pretty cookbooks.

soybeanlover said...

Oh a book to teach me and destroy my self esteem at the same time.

I want it, I need the humbling ;)

dastew said...

I can feel the evil of this book through the interwebz

Related Posts with Thumbnails