Monday, March 24, 2008

There is some joy in Mudville


Jooj and I went to see Sesame Street Live for her birthday

We dyed eggs

And she got a swingy new haircut!

Birthday week is over! Hooray! The twos are behind us! Hooray!

And, even better, NO meltdowns for the last three days! Double hooray!

On a post-sadness-posting note, things are feeling better. I have been consciously trying to realize when I am at my breaking point, and then try to avoid those situations. I have also adopted the following resolution: W is gone. Accept this. Move on.
And in a weird way, that helps a lot.

I have also eaten a half-bag of peanut butter cups. That also helps a lot.

13 comments:

Carina said...

Her cut is adorable. I can't wait until I can El Guille's hair to do the same thing.

Wait...

Waldo said...

Why does she pose the same way you and Lydia pose for pics?

dalene said...

Peanut butter cups do it for me every time.

And that is one happy three-year-old smile.

(I'm jealous of your three meltdown-less days, though...)

Anne-Marie said...

I swear EP gets way better kid gigs than Utah! We always get the ...on ice stuff. We were utterly disappointed to get our E-Mail from the Wiggles Fan Club (Kanoa is crazy about them) that they were touring & heading to El Paso for two days. No Utah dates!

Glad you guys had a good time.

Kalli Ko said...

Um, is it just me or are peanut butter cups the answer to all woes?

Me thinks it is a fact.

Way to hang in there. Jooj looks gorgy-ous.

Kalli Ko said...

Um, is it just me or are peanut butter cups the answer to all woes?

Me thinks it is a fact.

Way to hang in there. Jooj looks gorgy-ous.

QueenScarlett said...

Adorable haircute... she is such a beauty.

You are the best at managing to make me laugh...even when you're dealing with a heavy load. W is one LUCKY guy.

Bek said...

I love her little pose with her head cocked to the side.. and the hair cut is SO cute..mine never had enough hair or had WAAY too much hair to do that stuff... she is a big girl.

Sorry W is gone, it is one thing to accept it, but you have to do it again each day. You are doing great and the days you don't feel great, you are entitled to as many bags of candy as you want. Period.

In SF we have REALLY good gourmet chocolate.. you should visit....

b. said...

Yes, on the PB Cups.

Very cute haircut.

Sesame Street still tours?? I love that!

word ver: hugbnr (I can only go one place on that one....wait, I could go two, two places on that one)

Guileless Mom said...

my goodness, that is some cuteness!!

sue-donym said...

Peanut butter cups ARE the answer to everything.
Amen.

Lisa said...

Have you ever melted creamy peanut butter and poured it over high-quality ice cream? And then poured on hot fudge? Just a thought.

Monica said...

When did jooj grow up? I can't wait until the 2's are behind us. Then Eliza won't ever throw a tantrum again. I'm so glad.

Oh, and we luv you. I'm glad you have peanut butter cups.

Related Posts with Thumbnails