With together time at more of a premium now than ever, W has been staying up with me while I edit and write and hot glue lamb costumes and watch Dr. Who and drink cocoa. As I write this, he is laying next to me on the Love Sac, with Rocket J. Dog, at my feet. Both are snoring. Jooj is upstairs asleep. The Christmas tree is glowing and the house smells like cinnamon.
This is contentment.
Man, I am going to miss this next year.
Do I have any volunteers to sleep next to my elbow and snore a little bit and wake up to get me water when I clear my throat? Because I will need that, you know.
I don't want to make this maudlin or desperate, but I often wonder what I will do. I mean, I know that I will survive and get through and carry on. I know I will end up okay. But what will I do at midnight when I need water and don't want to get up? What will I do when I have a beaver of 110 degrees and just might die if I don't get pudding and my arm on my forehead? What will I do when I need to take a nap after church, but Jooj has other ideas? Those are the things that I worry about.
Because everyone will come and offer help, but no one is going to put up with my needs for drama and pudding and a white burial shroud at the hint of a head cold. I know this.
Curses to W who has spoiled me for the real world. Apparently there are women who do things for themselves. And are fine with it. They make dinner and gas up the car and take off their own shirts even when their arms are just too tired.
But for now I will just focus on the snoring and coziness.
And maybe see if I can stick his hand in some warm water just one time. Because I have always wanted to see if that works.
Monday, December 10, 2007
The Witching Hour
Labels: Saying Adios to Papi, W rules.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
You are right. Beautiful post. I'm with you...I like being taken care of too. Garbage... that's one thing I won't do.
Did the warm water thing work? I've always wondered.
Can't help but love you.
I practically need day care... Marriage has made me completely helpless. I can't even pick out what shoes to wear by myself anymore. Hub's can't get from point A to point B without me telling him how to get there, really he has no choice but that's a whole other story...
I heart you Yen.
I'm with QS. Did the warm water work????
I can't comment on the rest or I'll start to cry.
What Julie said.
God bless.
I can totally offer to come over and watch Dr. Who and drink cocoa!
Oh no, wait ... that doesn't really help does it?
Hmmm ... apparently more thought is required ..
[unable to speak, but sending so much love your way]
Sending great sympathy's your way, La Yen, but yikes! You've got a good husband! I moan, sniffle, shuffle my feet slowly around the house and cough alot just trying to get some empathy from my man...but, if he's sick...well, that's a whole other story
You guys are right. I *am* great. -sigh-
Less so now, huh? :)
More so.
Post a Comment