Monday, December 17, 2007

Linguistics

It is a Fun and Exciting Quiz!
Can you Understand Jooj--translate the following statements:

1. "I Yike Sata."
2. "Mo Mo Truck y Honkey y Cat y Baby Truck"
3. "Yes Yes My Teetas."
4. "I need money and soda."
5. "Mony mony cap"
6. "Cap Cap Cap Cap Cap"
7. "Seedee dowey"
8. "I need crickus mik"
9. "I go jurrs."
10. "I yuckum."

Post your best guesses on the comments!

Ok, here are the answers:

1. I like Santa
2. I would like to watch Shrek again.
3. Yes, that is my tea set.
4. I need money and soda.
5 Holy Moly Crap.
6. Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap.
7. Silly Doggie.
8. May I please have some eggnog?
9. I want to go downstairs.
10. You're welcome.

14 comments:

Am'n2Deep said...

My first two oldest came out speaking better than I do (which was funny in itself), but then I learned with my youngest, what fun it can be to translate. I haven't had too much practice...but I'll give it a try.

Well, I think I got #4 down (and so does she)...and #1 must be "I like Santa". Uuuh, #3, "Teetas": Treats? #6, Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap. #8, I need Chocolate milk. #9, I got yours. #7 could be: sit down. Could #5 be a song?

Alright, that's all I got. So, was I even close?

soybeanlover said...

Oh! looks like fun!
1. I like Santa
2. More More! Truck, donkey, cat, and baby truck(in the truck?)
3. Yes, Yes, my adidas
4. I need nummies and soda
5. monkey, monkey crap
6. crap crap crap crap crap
7. see the owey
8. I need crickets ???
9. I go ... dunno
10 I like him!

phew....looks like fun...I'm still in the translate the single word phase...oy!

La Yen said...

Am--#1 and 4 right! Good job. YOu are lucky to have understandable talkers! We rely on "show me what you want" a lot.

Soybean--Yes on #6. This was after I tried to get her to not say #6. Note to self--do not call attention to #6, and quit saying it yourself.

I will let people guess for a little bit longer and then post the answers.

Kalli Ko said...

I don't speak baby electra apparently

Bek said...

I have a hard enough time translating my three year old langage here in our house (two of the clear as day phrases "It's not fair" and "Get out". Ooops.).

As long as YOU can understand it, we are ok...

Sister Pottymouth said...

I have to share a story along the lines of #6. When my oldest was about 2 and 1/2, we were at church in a very small clerk's office while my husband was being set apart for a calling. Right in the middle of the prayer, A-- dropped his sippy cup and said, "Thit! Thit, thit, thit!" I nearly died. Swift repentance followed on my part. Now I get chastised by said son if I slip and he hears me say the word.

1. I like Santa. (makes me think of the kid in The Christmas Story)

2. No idea. Something about a truck and honking and cats and baby trucks.

3. Yes yes, my keys. (for the baby truck, I assume)

4. Mom and Dad are in trouble with the bank and the dentist.

5. Moaning, moaning, crap.

6. Thit, thit, thit, thit, thit.

7. See the doggy.

8. I need chocolate milk.

9. I go to church. (or is it ~j's?)

10. I like them/him.

Geo said...

8. I need a drink of milk.

10. Hey, Mom, change my bum.

Anne-Marie said...

"Cap cap cap cap"...It could be worse. I think it's hilarious how only we can truly understand our children. I mean, Kanoa is four and speaks really clearly,yet my Dad hardly understands him, but Gabriel(2) speaks fluent romanian.

Kayt Ludi said...

It must reflect poorly on my intelligence that the only words I understood were Santa and Doggie.

dalene said...

I cheated.

So is eggnog "Christmas milk?"

Clever girl.

sue-donym said...

The Jooj and I have so much in common.

b. said...

Merry Christmas, Y'all!!

Sister Pottymouth said...

Christmas milk! I love it!

Sheesh--I was waaaay off.

QueenScarlett said...

Jooj is so FABULOUS... ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails