Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Fairy Tale Christmas Giveaway!



I love November so incredibly much.  It signifies I made it through Halloween alive, that there will be pie in my immediate future, and that my two favorite holidays are coming soon!  I know that there are some people who gripe about how Christmas decorations plow over Thanksgiving, but in my heart the two are connected--my family spends November thinking about family and gratitude and pie and service* and what better segue is there for Christmas? 

So in this spirit, I was really excited to be asked to help promote a new book by old holiday favorite Micheal McLean and his son, Scott McLean, Fairy Tale Christmas



In a nutshell, the bad guys of the fairy tale world have unionized and decided that the clearest way to get their hearts' desires is to hold Santa Claus hostage.  This, as you may have guessed, does not turn out quite as they planned.

The story is charming and The Jooj (NOW NINE YEARS OLD STOP GROWING UP) stole the book and read it to herself.  On her own*.  But the big takeaway she got from this was not about Santa or presents--but the theme that everyone deserves love and a chance to shine, even (especially) those on the naughty list.

Shadow Mountain is giving away four hardcover copies of Fairy Tale Christmas right here.  You have eleventy million chances to win, and this is a great multi-night read-aloud for families, especially as you start thinking about ways to serve those around you this holiday season .


a Rafflecopter giveaway

*And Holiday Joe Joes
**There are no cartoon strips or underpants in this book.  So the fact that she voluntarily read it?  Amazing.



As always, I was given a copy of this book but the opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails