Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mommy Slots

I have a gambling situation.

I'd say problem, except it really isn't problematic. And I could quit any time I wanted, but I don't want to. The odds of me wanting to quit are 1000:1, by the way, if you wanted to bet on me wanting to quit, which I don't want to but I could if I wanted to. Which I don't.

 I used to play slots in Vegas, which was awesome because (no seriously) I never lost. I have a fifth sense wherein I can walk into a casino, sniff the air, and say "That nickel Monopoly machine is paying out within three spins." And then I make $60.  I don't think of this as gambling, I think of this as WINNING $55.85. My dear husband, however, thinks of this as gambling and doesn't like the way my eyes look in Vegas or driving through Vegas or talking about Vegas. WHATEVER.

So I stopped winning in Vegas and have started gambling at home. Want in? It is a rush :

I wake up in the morning and the odds of me getting pants on before the boys punch each other are pretty even. Not much, but if I win I get a little morning bump for the day. 

Odds on me choosing the right breakfast for JodyP: 2:1 against, 4:1 against if I have asked what he wanted and gave him that exact thing.

Odds on there being dishes clean for breakfast: 2:1 because my sweet husband usually does them.  Unless he is watching Netflix.

Odds on me getting Sara a new diaper before she nude-pees 5:1. She is an angel.

Odds on me getting JodyP a new diaper before he runs away yelling "MAKEDBOY!!!" 12:1 against.  That one is thrilling.

WHAMMY.
If I find that the marker he is using to write on the walls is washable, I win eight times my bet; If I find that someone didn't poop in the bath tub I win four. If I spend quality time with Sara before mid-day I have enough in my account to handle losing odds on six tantrums over the wrong kind of fruit snacks OR three Lego mishaps. 

Odds on me washing the same load of laundry that washed thrice the day before. 100% in favor.  Sucker's bet.  There is NO way I am placing that one.  It is more likely I would write a blog post. 


CRAP. Mommy needed a new pair of shoes.


3 comments:

Sherry said...

Yeah, what is the deal with kids who freak out when you give them THE EXACT THING they asked for? My three-year-old does this, and the two-year-old has learned his wicked ways. "Toe! Nunny." I present him with toast and honey. Tantrums ensue.

waldo and cay said...

Welcome to four kids! You just did it backwards from me.....I had 3 in 3 years then waited 5 for #4 and you had 1, waited 5 years then had 3 in 3 years. Crazy any way you look at it! (Is my math right?)

Lempskies said...

This is hilarious! I love the first one about getting pants on. My husband once commented that he found it odd that I put "get dressed" on the top of my to-do list. But usually, things get busy and I make breakfast, nurse the baby, clean up a spill, shuffle kids out the door to the bus, and write my to-do list before I have a chance to pee or change clothes. So, I write it on my list so that I get to it b/f I get to much farther into the day. And then at least I have one thing I can actually cross off. Boy that feels good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails