Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Gift Guide 2012: For People Who Spend Too Much Time on Pinterest

Hey, y'all!  There are only a few days left until Christmas, but I know you haven't finished all of your shopping.  And so the guides continue.  (Unless I get sick again, in which case stop at the Sev and grab some beef sticks.)


Today's guide is for those lovely ladies in your life who spend A LOT of their time online.  You know the ones I am talking about.  They pin and pin and pin, but never actually sew.  Fear not, loyal readers--I have got some gift tips for you.

A Pallet
Pinterest Beezies be loving the pallet crap crafts.  You can make so many things with these termite-filled, splintery, shadily-aquired bits of lumber.  Like a splintery end table!  Or a splintery couch!  Or a splintery sign that says "All Because Two People Fell In Love!"  Or, my personal favorite, a splintery wall that you have to vacuum:

Really, though, *YOU* don't have to make anything with this gift--just .present your lady friend with a pallet.  She will know what to do.  (Maybe attach some tweezers and Neosporin as package ties.)

 Chickens
I understand that eggs are delicious.  But in no world is keeping neighborhood chickens fun.  UNLESS YOU ARE ON PINTEREST.  So bring your pin-crazy aunt some chicken wire and an egg.  She will undoubtedly know how to grow it and prune it and whatever.  Because Pinterest will tell her.

An Old Sock and Some Creme Rinse (Handmade)

Just put it in a nice bag.  She will instictively know that she is to wrap her hair up with the sock to create AMAZING curls that are LIFE CHANGING. 


Dangerous Quiet Toys For Special Snowflakes
 Does your Pin Princess have children?  How about gifting her supplies to make stuff for her "kidlets" that might choke them and will definitely make her bleed when she steps on it at night.  This one is super Eco-friendly, as all you need is junk from your trashcan. 


Skinny Jeans and Super Expensive Chunky Knits.  
Sure, they won't fit her, and won't look good AT ALL, but she will know you understand her "Style."

Mac lipstick in Twig.  
Seriously, though, this one is a good pin.  




Vinegar
Yes, Pinterest, there are Thousands and Thousands of Uses for Vinegar.  All of which you will tell us about Right Now!
 
Whatever you choose to give your Social Media Sister, don't forget  to hand-make your wrapping paper, card, and bow, preferably out of some sort of "re-purposed" vintage thing.  And be sure to attach some cake pops stuffed with bacon and glazed in cookie dough--she will know you really care!


7 comments:

Sherry said...

You make me happy.

But seriously, have you tried vinegar on your shower head? It works.

Troop 3145 Silver Award said...

When I start my neighborhood co-op chicken coop (which will be made out of pallets and coffee filter pom poms) you'll have egg on your face! See what I did there?

La Yen said...

Sherry, I love me the vinegar in the drains. Thanks, Pinterest!

And Sweet Marie, ZING! (

Melody said...

I can't wait till you send me an old sock for Christmas. Also: You're my idol.

Vanessa Brown said...

damnagit no one gave me a gift like this this year. sigh.

Troop 3145 Silver Award said...

Here is a fictitious award you don't need to do anything with. Blogs are silly.
http://wrongwaypeachfuzz.blogspot.com/2013/01/its-major-award.html

Lisa said...

Whenever I read your blog, I laugh this unattractive, loud 'HA!' It comes out in one syllable, sounding a little more like a nasily 'HEH!'

My point is, I only laugh that way when something is truly funny...it comes on so fast, I don't have time to make it sound any prettier.

Your blog (especially this post) does that to me repeatedly. ; )

Related Posts with Thumbnails