Sunday, August 12, 2012

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Did I just get Paula Abdul and DJ Scat Cat in your head?  Now we are twinners.

This hypothyroid thing is for the birds, I tells you.  For every day that is awesome and full of energy there seems to be another that is filled with shaking and anxiety and utter exhaustion.  I know it will be a long process to get the medication just right, but I feel like there is some sort of cruelty in giving me health after so, so long, and then yanking it back out. 

Example: 
Monday I eat right, go to the gym, make dinner, run errands, go to sleep happy and with patience and love for all mankind.

Tuesday I cannot keep my eyes open, to the point where I am not safe around the children.  Luckily W has a short day and I go to sleep from 3 pm until Wednesday...

...when I wake up at 5 am ready to go, craving running and weight lifting.

Hormones are no joke, y'alls.

Now go tap dance with an animated cat for me, I am sleeping until I stumble downstairs and make Kraft Dinner.


2 comments:

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

I hope you have a great endocrinologist. Mine was meh, and kept trying to tell me I was "just" depressed. Oddly enough, my issues resolved themselves after a few years. Wishing you the best!

Melody said...

Um, yes, that song is now in my head, and it's evil. Even worse, mental images of that video are flashing in my head. I think I might sue, when you're feeling better, which I hope is soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails