Oh my gravy. Moving is hard, y'all.
Let me back up--
Army has a policy regarding moving that, if you play your cards right, can make you some cash. I am incredibly cheap and want all the monies, so this is what I insisted we choose*.
As a result, I packed 99.9% of the items in our home. And Waldo loaded and unloaded about 90%. And--guess what--NOT A DANG THING I PACKED WAS BROKEN. This is GIANT. We have had professional movers many times, and we lose about ten-twelve things each move. I am amazing.
You know what is also amazing? That children still die from things that are COMPLETELY preventable with a $20 vaccination. This makes me cry, y'all. So go to Jenny's page today and make a comment--any comment--and with that comment $20 will be donated by Shot@Life. This is enough for four vaccines, enough to literally save one child's life. And then tomorrow go comment somewhere else, and the next day somewhere else. All throughout August. Because this is ridiculous that we count ourselves lucky that a $20 plate didn't break, and a mother in Africa counts herself lucky because one of her kids didn't die from the flu today.
*We had been told by a friend that they made "about ten thousand dollars." We did NOT make that. But we did make enough for a new washer and dryer.
Friday, August 17, 2012
First World Problems
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment