Tuesday, September 21, 2010
I Love my Husband
Here is what I wanted to say today:
I love my husband.
And I am glad he didn't get shot.
There was a shooting at Army yesterday, and two of his soldiers were eye witnesesses/first responders. We don't know many details yet, but it was too close for my comfort. I prepare myself for him to get shot in war, not at the Sev. I can't do things well without him, and I refuse to be a widow. I just decline that experience, thankyouverymuch. **
I love my husband.
And I am glad he didn't get shot.
Because what would our family do without him? We certainly can't replace him. For one thing, I am no spring chicken. All my wiles are totally used up. And I don't have a family fortune to lure in gentlemen callers.*** I know that I am not the nicest person in the nighttime when I have got one chewing on me and another putting her feet in my crack. I know that I snap at him and tell him he is doing things the wrong way when, truth be told, I don't know how to do it myself. I know that I am full of flaws and have very little hope of fixing any of them. But he still loves me (or is biding his time until he can sell me to some Ishmaelites).
I love my husband.
And I am glad he didn't get shot.
*I'm trying out my VMA persona.
**Please to be knocking on the wood.
***Although we would have a chunk of life insurance money. But let's be honest, I'd blow that pretty fast. On root beer and Maseratis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You crack me up.
And I'm glad your husband didn't get shot either. That would be beyond HORRIBLE!!
Clearly I live FAR to inside my bubble, 'cause I didn't know of a shooting yesterday. Was it not on any news outlets?
Me too. Because you two don't work without each other; it's a beautiful thing to see.
You guys make me happy.
word v: sessesse
One of the things I love most about your husband (is it OK that I love your husband, too?) is that he loves you.
And I just need to quit reading the news, because the news out of your neck of the woods is giving me panic attacks.
We'd take care of you...it's what we do. Plus Christmas with the Forbes is a hellafun.
That said W don't die, or go to war anytime soon, or get too good at Guitar Hero
That picture is awesome - start 'em young, I say.
Lecheium(or however you spell it in Hebrew...just imagine Rev Tevia singing it). Glad the man is safe and sound. Always a better way to be living.
I'll keep praying for you guys to come over here, the country so safe they won't even let Paris Hilton in.
Post a Comment