Friday, June 26, 2009

Ninety-Seven Degrees is Too Hot for Sewing

So, in my attempt to become domestic and, possibly, attract a sister-wife with a lot of money and cleaning skillz, I have been sewing up a storm. A storm!

I have been participating in this great quilt-along over at The Old Red Barn blog.If you have never quilted, or are pretty new, this was a GREAT way to do it. Every week she had a new step. When I finish, my quilt will be almost Queen-sized. Which is highly awesome, but highly intimidating. I have some smaller blocks, leftover from cutting the bigger squares, though. And so I made someone in my family who may read this blog a birthday present**, because it is coming up soon and we ALWAYS crap out on her gift. Because she lives in freaking-Dubai and we can't really mail them anything because they end up having to double-pay for mail forwarding. Anyhoo, this is a glimpse.

THEN I made another blanket, this time for a baby in India. Because I am a giver. I found this website
Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

which encourages crafters to spread the love. And you know how loving I am. And giving.
So I just made this little old thing
and am going to mail it off Monday or someping. (And if you want to jump on my bandwagon, they are accepting blankets, booties, and beanies until July 25.)

So there you go.

Also, I lost my camera and am having to take stills from the Flip Phone. Boo.

Also, W and Jooj got me a firepit for my birthday. Yay!

**Other family member who just had a birthday, your present is not on this blog. But it is awesome. Don't worry.

8 comments:

Mrs. O said...

I love it! Someone is very lucky.
You've inspired me to get out my sewing machine and finish some projects.

La Yen said...

Thanks! I really like it and am excited to get my big one done, but it is SO big. So I am procrastinating.

b. said...

I am in awe of those of you who can sew.
The birthday girl is really lucky!

I'm also jealous of your pit.

gurrbonzo said...

Wow.

(applause).

I sewed today. Maybe one day I'll make something relevant and useful like you do.

dalene said...

Your sewing makes me happy!

Kalli said...

you know that show the Philanthropist? Well they should do one on you called the sewlanthropist. or whatever.

Looove the quilties.

There are a lot of non real words in this comment.

cabesh said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!

Kayt Ludi said...

Am green with envy ... for both the firepit and the sewing skillz.

But mainly I hate you for your productivity -- of course I mean that in a loving way! :)

Anyway, you rule - your rich Merry Maid of a sister-wife is surely in the cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails