Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Festivities are Commencing...



On Sunday Jooj wore an amazing outfit from Vintage April, a company that sells gorgeous girls' clothes. It just happens to be run by one of my favorite friends from college, April Smith. She does not have a website, which is why I am so irritated that I can't link to her. We will work on it and get back to you.

Then, at Primary, we got to sing the Birthday song to Jooj! She was REALLY REALLY REALLY excited about it. I am the song lady. I was less excited. Because, you know, I am lazy. Also, I need to get my roots done.
After church, we started on the goodie bags to take to school tomorrow. We printed out the most awesome free downloadable labels from A Print a Day and stapled them to the top of the bags.

Soon, we will be making cupcakes to bring, too.

Tomorrow is the actual celebration, I will keep you posted. By posting.

I can't believe I have kept her alive for four years.

11 comments:

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I used to be ahead but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere, and it's a tight race now. I would so much appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

Fig said...

She looks like a Spanish lolita in her gorg outfit. I don't know what that is, but as I look at the pictures, "Spanish lolita" is what springs to my mind.

Kalli Ko said...

gold medal for you, gold medal for jooj. happy birthday mija.

on a side note, the word verif is "exican"

does that mean ex-mexican?

i'm confused

Alissa said...

totally awesome outfit.

and every year i keep my kids alive is another notch higher in the celestial kingdom, right?

soybeanlover said...

I was totally thinking quinceanera(though I'm sure the dress would be much more then).

I love the volcano pony tail, totally brings me back.

Congrats on the last four years, here is to at least another four more ;)

Carina said...

Hooray!!

I can believe you kept her alive for 4 years, it's not that hard, just throw a poptart at them every once in a while.

Kayt Ludi said...

Wishing Jooj a happy b-day, and congrats on keeping her alive so long! :)

dastew said...

The secret to childrearing..."crotchless pants: never change a diaper again"

La Yen said...

Stew, some would say that crotchless pants are also the secret to child-making.

Carina said...

I think we've established that crotchless pants are the answer to all of life's dilemmas.

Geo said...

She looks like a mini Audrey Hepburn! Happy birthday, Audrey!

Related Posts with Thumbnails