So, there is this person that I adore. She barely knows I exist. Mostly because I moved away when she was little. But, still, I adore her.
I love all of her siblings fiercely, but she extra is special to me.
Because when her mom was pregnant, I lived next door. And more than anything in the whole world I wanted a baby. But I didn't have one.
And I got to see her arrive. Before her mom did, even. (Thanks, icky positioning in the delivery room!)
And I held her for hours while her mom napped. I mothered vicariously through her. I whispered to her and asked her to send some messages to The Big Guy and get me my kid soon.
Then I moved away.
And less than a year later, she totally followed through. Because she is a go-getter that way.
Happy day, SuperStar! Don't eat any baking chocolate today.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Candles are not safe for those under twelve.
Labels: birthdays, Nayvor's Kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We love that SuperStar around these parts. She's sunshine.
She is my bestest friend.
Reals.
Happy Birthday, kid!
Post a Comment