Sunday, August 10, 2008

Costas: The True Redeem Team

So I am watching Bob Costas interview President Bush.

I know what you are thinking: "Really, Costas? When did he get qualified?"

But he is not doing too bad of a job, actually.

And President Bush is doing a good job.

Costas segue: "Moving away from China to the Opening Ceremonies, we saw you talking to Vladimir Putin. What did you say?"

POTUS: "I said this violence in unacceptable."

Nicely done, Costas! This makes up for earlier when you interviewed Bela Karolyi and forgot to put a mike on him, making his interesting interview a moo point. ("Ooh, I just saw we didn't get you miked. We will try to reinterview you again another time.")

La Yen Segue: Moving back to China, I have composed a Haiku (is that Chinese, too?) in honor of my dedication to the games, and the way that I enjoy them:

My Little Debbie
The true Olympic Spirit
Swiss Rolls, Peanut Bars.

(splash)

12 comments:

~j. said...

Cosmic Brownies are
One dollar a box. (Maceys)
I bought lots. They're gone.

splash.

Kalli Ko said...

the joy that your posts as of late have brought into my life...

i like them so much i've read them out loud to my husband.

no lie

Tiffany UnTwisted said...

i just watched this. let it be known that i'm an olympic junkie. my favorite olympian ever (this hottie russian gymnist from the 80s) was shown on tv tonight and i almost had a heartattack and died. and now, i'm back to watching the swimming.

dalene said...

Try zucchini cake.
Cabesh-'s is really great.
It's the choc-late, yeah.


And the funniest thing about the Costas/Karolyi mike debacle was that we still heard every word.

La Yen said...

Dalene, I am dying to try the cake, but it will have to wait until I eat all of my LDs. And get some zukes.

And KK, thanks for that--every two years I am on it! (And why are you not in labor?)

Splash.

dalene said...

Just so you know, when I make this if I accidentally grab the 1/3 cup measure instead of the 1/4 when I'm measuring the cocoa it doesn't make me cry. I think I put cinnamon in the first one I made, too. It was good. I put pecans in the one I made tonight. Yum. Oh, and I highly recommend a second dose of imported Dutch cocoa in the frosting.

Waldo said...

Oh, that Bob Costas
You truly are a big choad
I yell that out loud

-splash-

Seriously, my roommates get pissed because I yell at the TV when Costas is on. What a choad.

Kalli Ko said...

chode, hahahaha, I haven't heard that since college. way to bring it back.

and seriously, why am I not in labor yet?

splash (i wish)

sue-donym said...

I love haiku. I was called "THE haiku poet" in my 6th grade class. But alas, I have lost my talent after burying it years ago.

dastew said...

Hehe waldo said Choad. Now where does that rank on the prick, douche continuum?

Waldo said...

In my informed opinion, a prick has style but is just mean, a douche tries to have style and completely flubs it (and has no personality to speak of) and a choad is worse than a douche. So the continuum goes (from worst to less-bad): choad-douche-prick.

That's just me, though.

And did anyone see the french man cry when he lost gymnastics? what a douche (applied knowledge at work). Those are your peeps, stew.

Geo said...

Your haiku totally deserves to be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails