Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Baal


On the First day, La Yen had the initial panic attack. She thought she was going crazy. It was not good.

On the Second day, La Yen finally got some Xanax, which completely knocked her out during attacks. It was decent.

On the Third day, Jooj was born. It was great.

On the Fourth day, the panic attacks turned into full-blown convulsions. Almost seizures, but without the blackouts. And lo, no Xanax could be taken, because of the need to take care of the baby and not be in a drugged-out stupor. It was sucky.

On the Fifth day, La Yen was given Klonopin. And lo, the knock-out was less and the heavens rejoiced for the limited ability to feed and clothe The Jooj. But the groggy side-effects remained. And it was better.

On the Sixth day, in the morning, La Yen would stumble around, waiting for her eyes to quit unnecessarily dialating. And The Jooj began to worship at the altar of Dora, running around like a maniac while La Yen tried to remember what she was doing, and throw Apple-Jacks at the gaping maw of The Jooj. And it was decent.

And on the Seventh day there was a great rejoicing in the land, for the introduction of the Snickers. With Caffeine. And La Yen functioned the morning after. And it was good.

8 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

it's okay to worship the golden calf of caffeine and chocolate if it keeps you sane, perfectly okay

dalene said...

I wonder if Lindt would consider adding caffeine to the Lindor bar? Because I am a chocolate snob.

soybeanlover said...

wow, now I've seen everything. When did they start making that bad boy? does it taste any different?

La Yen said...

There is a faint aftertaste. But the benefits of me being able to move and function far outweigh it. I have a testimony.

dastew said...

mmmm caffeinated candy. I've achieved celestial bliss now.

LuckyRedHen said...

Whoda thunk? Wow. I'm perplexed. Sounds clever but also seems like a heart attack in a shiny, silver wrapper. Be careful, you.

La Yen said...

Won't they throw you out of Seattle for speaking against anything containing caffeine? I'd watch your lawn for burning crosses, LRH...

Geo said...

Really? Caffeine?

Related Posts with Thumbnails