Tuesday, June 19, 2007

10 Things You Might Not Know About Me

1. I hate mangoes and cantaloupes
2. I yell at Jooj's baby shows ("What were you thinking, Clarabelle Cow, when you PLANTED sleeping roses? OF COURSE someone is going to smell them and fall asleep for 100 years!" or "Shut your pie hole, Zoe Monster!")
3. We observe the siesta at my house, because at noon it is too hot to do anything else
4. Even though the party line is I want a house-full of kids, I am pretty much over the one I have and the thought of more makes me throw up in my mouth
5. I am perfectly happy to spend two hours making W a gourmet dinner and then forgo the entree in place of bread and jam
6. I have a phone-phobia and hardly ever answer
7. Yesterday the mail man introduced me to his trainee as "one of his favorite customers"
8. I told the bishop that we would donate a new pinewood derby track to the ward if I could get, in writing, an assurance that W would never be a scoutmaster in our ward
9. Even though I have two degrees that I never use I think about going back to college every day
10. I currently have 2 library books that were due on April 14, but I can't get the ambition to drive down and turn them in because I am sure that the day after I do they will start their amnesty period.

11 comments:

dalene said...

In what are your two degrees? (I may have heard this already, but I forgot.)

I have given up on amnesty from the public library. (Sometimes I am suprised that I'm allowed to keep children when I can't even take care of a library book.)

Speaking of the mailman. I have only one question. Was it all melty?

La Yen said...

It was PERFECTLY melty and re-formed. I heart you.
And a BA in English and an MA in education. SO I am qualified to be a checker at Target.

LuckyRedHen said...

You're right. There are some things you mentioned that I did NOT know about you. I'm feeling fulfilled now.

QueenScarlett said...

What is it about mangoes and cantaloupes do you not like? (texture, flavor, idea)

I'm with you on the phone... I have a bad relationship with the phone... much prefer email... otherwise I end up interrupting the other person on the phone... symptom of email.

How did the bishop react... I think that's perfectly reasonable. ;-)

dastew said...

Scouting is one calling I have nightmares about.

Kayt Ludi said...

despite my enjoyment of the occasional honeydew - I am completely with you on the cantaloupe issue.

Solidaridad! ;)

La Yen said...

I can't stand the taste of either fruit, but the smell of ripe cantaloupes makes me feel really ill. Like, for example, when people leave "surprise" melons on your porch in the summer heat--sick. And I try to eat them every year, just in case...

And the bishop was very tempted. Especially because W is going to be gone for a year and a half. He balked at "written"

Carina said...

I tried to convince my last employer that NOT observing siesta was tantamount to discrimination. They didn't go for it.

My phone phobia has reoccurred. Blah.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

You are interesting child.

We share a phone phobia, I won't call you if you don't call me.

E-mail is the greatest invention ever.

~j. said...

Only positive things can come from having such a relationship with "the mail carrier's a person in your neighborhood".

Carina said...

p.s. I always thought I didn't like mangos. And then, AND THEN I ate one that was on the greener side. Turns out I don't like ripe mangos. The green ones are nicer in stir-fry and on fish tacos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails