Thursday, May 04, 2006




OK, so I suggested that we have a "princess party" as a mother-daughter activity for Young Womens. At the time, I had all of these great ideas, and was super pumped. This was about 9 months ago. In that time, the stake has co-opted at least two nights a month for their own "Super Fun" activities (read: Super Lame activities that I have to chaperone and no kids want to attend) and have forgotten all of my great ideas.

I know that you are all full of the great ideas, so throw them down.

I wanted to do something like:
"How to be a proper princess"
and teach them little goofy things, but tie it into gospel principles.

Example: "A princess is always grateful" and read a little scripture about grattitude, then have them write good thank-you notes for five minutes. "A princess is always fashionable" (well, not counting Princess Ann.) and talk about modesty, and then decorate their own tiaras.

Do you sees where I am going?

4 comments:

Bek said...

Did you see the post one of the Utah bloggers did about finding your own tiarra? It could tie in really good. Let me stew on this, I am sure we can come up w/ a bunch....

LuckyRedHen said...

I've got something to say but I have to find it... Let me get back to you.

wendysue said...

I have some stuff too LaYen, at one of our YW's YW Recog. her older sisters did a little presentation about how she is really a princess. They then did a little presentation with each of the values. .
Faith--gave her a little pearl necklace and talked about how she always remembers the work that it takes to have faith (oysters, sand, pearls. . . )
Divine Nature--they gave her a little blue sign that said princess on it so she could hang it up to remind her of her divinity. . .
Individual worth--I think they gave her some cute red jeweled earrings and talked about remembering that she is an individual. . .
Knowledge--they gave her a cute green cap to wear and talked about one of her goals for learning (head, cap, etc.)
Choice and Accountability--a cute orange handbag/purse, talked about decisions in life, and to not waste her time with choices that would take her nowhere.
Good Works--yellow. . .I think it was some little slip on yellow jeweled shoes, reminding her that you have to get up and work and give service to be a princess too.
Integrity--I think it was a little purple heart jewel or something, reminding her to keep her integrity close to her heart in making decisions.

Anyway, you get the idea, I think you could do plenty with the values and princessy things. FUN activity, let us know how it goes. . .

cabesh said...

A princess adorns herself with the most beautiful things. Have the girls make a "ruby" bracelet. Read Proverbs 31:10 and talk about the law of chastity.

Related Posts with Thumbnails