That is the medically correct phrase I used today to explain to my chiropractor how I was feeling. (The airplane trip poked one of my rib heads out and he had to brutalize me to get it back in.) I woke up this morning concerned because my left shoulder was five inches lower that my right shoulder. He told me that it was fine, and I could just get a job as a bell-ringer until the swelling stopped. (Not sympathetic, that voo-doo quack.)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Do you remember that episode of Friends with the quiz show for the apartment? There was a question about Joey's favorite food, and the answer was "sandwiches." I never understood why that was funny, because a good sammy is my favorite food. I know that Jooj is mine because I recently introduced her to the Sammich and she has fallen in love, as well. Today I have fed her three while she has watched tv so that I don't have to hold her. The Forced Viewing and Sandwiching occured as a result of the Finding of the Toilet. And the Finding of the TP roll. And the Clogging of the Toilet. And the Temper Tantrum after the Removal from the Bathroom.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Completely random: What is the correct term for a group of dragons? Not a gaggle or a herd. I know it is a common word that has been appropriated, and I think it sounds vaguely British. Like a Zither of dragons or a Smythe of dragons or a Bonnet of dragons. It is driving me nuts.
Friday, May 19, 2006
Jumped in by a Samoan gang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Sorry to hear about the Samoans and the toilet situation (that's one smart baby you have there -- I don't think I was plugging up toilets until I was much older than GiGi).
Anyhoo, about the dragon thing ... I've heard a ton of different terms for a group of dragons:
a rage of dragons,
a desolation of dragons,
a drove of dragons,
But the one I think is right (don't quote me!) is: a flight of dragons. But I could be entirely wrong (I usually am), afterall, I have been hitting the hooch pretty hard lately, LOL :P
Welcome to the temper-tantrum-toilet-roll-clogging-plunger club. It is among the most prestigious in the world with a past and present membership of over 3 billion . . . maybe less, but I like the way it sounds. Bless you and the baby and the dragons.
My Dungeons & Dragons friend (who owned a comic/D&D shop) said that dragons are solitary creatures so they wouldn't be found in a group so there really isn't a term for it. Kind of like asking what a group of male lions would be called -- male lions don't hang out together. He said the only term he could think that might apply (he hadn't heard all those other suggestions) would be when their eggs are in a nest and they'd be a "clutch".
Welcome Melody! There should be some sort of union for the toilet mothers.
Sew--Has your friend ever had the sweet sweet loving? Because that is a LOT of dragon knowledge...
My kids haven't done the toilet plugging thing--yet. I, however, did it when I was a child only moments before it was time to go to church. I'm sure my mom was not thrilled.
Another time, when I was a baby and when wigs were really popular, I pulled the wig off a lady's head as my mother worked her way along the bench in sacrament meeting to get to a seat. I doubt I was popular that day.
My sympathies on the quack back and the bathroom mess. Someday you can use the TP clogging incident as blackmail when your daughter refuses to clean the toilet.
You'd think he WOULDN'T qualify for Sweet Sweet Loving with all that dragon knowledge but I think he gets the best out there (his wife would make a good porn siren if she weren't morally straight - but as for their bedroom she's very adventurous and he never would have complaints). Is that TMI? Heehee
Chanandaler Bong.
That's MRS. Chanandeler Bong.
Shan--I BEG you to not be talking about B.
Post a Comment