I am sorry for being such a Debbie Downer. I had a fabulous day yesterday, and it gave me hope for the future. The future not being TODAY, of course, but a distant future where I can function.
And I am turning over a new leaf. A positive, super-chirpy leaf.
Here are some great things about the pregnancy:
A baby will come out of it.
I can totally plot against the ladies who have irritated me for years because of their smugness. Guess who has two thumbs and will absolutely cloth diaper/nurse for years/only speak in Latin to the fetus simply out spite? La Yen does! Anything to be one up these ladies. The ones who tsk tsked me for not breast feeding my adopted child.
At some point, someone will bring me dinner.
And...I'm out. Maybe tomorrow will bring more leaves.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
That DJ Scat Cat had it Right.
Labels: gestatrix, The Secret
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
be sure to get those "My baby can read" videos (or whatever the hell they're called).
and don't both with cloth diapering... skip straight to Elimination Communication.
We have a friend who did that--I know her 2 year old is pretty well potty trained, but I think it is more that her MOTHER is trained.
Which is better--reading baby or speaking French baby? Because I want to be as irritating as possible...
Gestatrix - love it! And the dinners are totally worth it (mostly).
reading baby AND speaking french baby! DO BOTH. Also, slings only. I think you'll be adorable smug.
i love you. and dang it, i'm going to find a way to bring you dinner.
As long as everything you will be feeding this baby is organic, I will support this pregnancy.
Don't forget the handknit wool soakers.
You MUST teach him sign language and then interpret everything he says to everyone and by the way - I will bring you dinner. What would you like?
What? You have to teach your baby to read/speak French/knit? 'Cause mine just came out that way. He must be gifted. Der.
And how in the world would you nurse your adopted child? Can people actually do that?
And if I ever have to be in Las Cruces for another awful family reunion, I'll cross the border and bring you dinner. And hang with you until the reunion is over. If that's okay.
I want to be able to speak Latin. Maybe the baby can teach me...or at least teach my pirate to stop calling everyone "dude".
I'd be happy to make you a smugness sling. Heck, I'd make it reversible with camo fabric, and W can help you taunt! Seriously.
Grandma--when you come to see the baby, instead of bringing me dinner, just take EVERYONE BUT ME out to dinner and give me a quiet house. That will be the best.
Shar--people totally nurse their adopted babies. Sometimes you even get to give yourself hormone injections! And when you come to Cruces, we will just go to the Double Eagle for some really rare steak.
Soybean--I am surprised you don't already know Latin. I would think it would be VERY useful in Japan. And I will totally take you up on a smugness sling. I will practice with the Cabbage Patch Doll so as to get it right.
SueD--We are already totally organic. I just had some Organic Cocoa Krispies and Organic Ginger Ale to wash down my Organic Zoloft.
Geo--get with the times--hemp is MUCH more smug than wool. And then I can roll my eyes at the people who think hemp is just for smoking.
Gurr, you can win the smug prize because you get to say "Well, I am an attorney, but, really, I am a mother. And I stay home to enrich my children with my law degree. It is all worth the sacrifice." You can just insert that into ANY conversation.
Mrs O--Seeing as how I am the RS counselor, I think it is up to me to bring my own dinners. But I am working to get past that.
Dalene, if anyone can figure it out, it is you.
Can you teach the baby to make sushi? That would one-up everyone.
I have been mulling over the idea of not feeling like you are allowed to complain about pregnancy, and I think it's kind of a load of bull. I mean, I get that this has been a loooong time coming for you, but I don't think that means you have to be the happiest person ever while you are hurling. If you are sick and feel like death, you should be allowed to say so, and I for one will not tell you that you are so blessed. (Even though you are, it's not really the thing you tell a person who has spent the last few months hanging around a toilet, no?)
On a partially related side-note. I had a friend do in-vitro, and she was told that she needed to have a couple of friends to complain to during pregnancy because most people would have the, "But finally! You're so blessed!!!! Buck up for your blessings!" attitude.
With that said, I hope your new leaf is working out for you. But if it isn't, I give you my vote of approval to whine away, as long as your funny about it.
AAAAAACK! *You're! *You're!! How embarrassing.
Post a Comment