So, I made Jooj a dress. I have never made a dress before. It is quite unfortunate (the dress, not the fact that it has never been made)
During the dress debacle I thought about the whole "serious scholarly people who blog" vs. "me." And I think that there are a few reasons why my blog is neither profound nor intelligent nor free from references to poop:
1. Days of Our Lives. I am pretty sure Ayn Rand didn't watch the soaps. She was too busy being smart and philosophical. But wouldn't Anthem be better if it had a villian who wore an eye patch or a heroine who always had on just too much lipgloss? Yes it would have been.
2. I don't know that many words.
The end.
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Why on Earth did I go to Grad School?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I KNOW I wouldn't enjoy Ayn Rand's blog nearly ad much as I enjoy yours.
Plus, too many words confuse me.
I KNOW I wouldn't enjoy Ayn Rand's blog nearly as much as I enjoy yours.
Plus, too many words confuse me.
A.) That dress is adorable.
B.) Yes, Anthem with lip gloss would have been better.
Patch is a bad guy now?
Is he still married to Kayla?
What about Bo and Hope?
1. I think the dress is adorable. Love the fabric.
2. I wish I were as smart as you.
Jooj is such a LUCKY girl. I adore that dress. I would so wear that. ;-)
There's brainy, full of yourself smart...there's brainy, humble smart...and there's all around smart, humble, witty and real.
I think you are FANTASTIC. I'd take you over any pompous, self-satisfied smarts.
Plus, people that are constantly trying to put it in your face about how smart they are... make me want to kick their butt to shove that permanent stick up a little higher...maybe it'll explode their brain.
(sorry... meds talking in that last paragraph)
ps. (I've said this many times) YOU are one of the smartest and funniest people I've read (but not actually met).
Yours was one of the first blogs I ever read, after scooter lounge and before cjane.
I'm not impressed by those who have to flex their intellectual muscle--it makes me seriously wonder what they are over compensating for.
You are one of the smartest, funniest people I know. Your wit is a gift, one I admire. I've always wished I could be funny. It's just not happening. So, I turn to you for humor-filled intelligence. Thanks.
Love the dress!
Anything to do with too much lip gloss is fabulous in my book!
Oh, labies, you are always so nice with the love.
Speaking of love, I have been LOVING Stoned Queen this week. It has been killing me.
B, I don't know about those people yet. I have only been watching for a few months and have only learned the names of two people. The rest I refer to by code names like "Token Black Doctor" and "Wears Big Earrings and Knows Too Much Lady" and "Girl Who Keeps Asking God For Signs And Then Ignoring Them." I think Bo and Hope left the show in a blaze of amnesiac glory a little bit ago.
And I have totally made peace with my non-scholarly approach. Just not my student loan payments.
Let's be honest. Ayn Rand was a lunatic with her philosophy used to justify poor behavior, but she WAS a phenomenal writer. I adore her work, but Anthem was seriously not her best. That would definitely have to be Atlas Shrugged (not Fountainhead as everyone else claims). OoooOO, see only occasionally do I really know anything about anything.
Oh, and my blog is totally lame so I think your hilarious writing ROCKS!!!
I've never read Ayn Rand. I do love your blog, and eye patches. I wish I could wear one.
Your next sewing project should be eye patches for your readers out of that same material. I will wear one (but not two) to show my support for your blog, which is my kind of soap.
Post a Comment