Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Meh

Nothing to say, so much, but feel the need to get a post in before the internet shuts down from the sheer glee of a new post by Nie!

Anyway, things are good at the North Mexican home of us. (Yikes, that was a horrible sentence!)

I am going through the seed catalogs, trying to decide what I will kill this summer.

I am making a new blanket for Project Linus.

I am eating Choco Monkey Muffins

I am basking in the total awesomeness of Gossip Girl

I am listening to Jooj speak Spanish (Kink Kink! Oink Oink! Kunta Kinte!) (I swear she says "Kunta Kinte." And we haven't even watched Roots, yet. Must be something to that Jung and his collective memory...)

I am feeling like three more months without W might as well be thirty-three more months

I am deciding I don't need periods at the end of a sentence

And there you have it--and if this doesn't make you long for a Nie post, your bar is much lower than mine

PS: Bid on some stuff and go to a concert.

PPS: I know that this is lame. But leave a comment anyways, because I have low self-esteem today. Prally from watching Gossip Girl and comparing the relative boniness of my clavicle vs. Little J's.

17 comments:

dastew said...

Yen we love you. I don't know who Nie is but am jealous of the number of people who comment on her blog. We have a Christmas present for you on my desk at home. Email me your address. Oh and I think we're a go for Bullhead City.

Fig said...

Not lame. And a bony clavicle is so overrated.

"Kunta Kinte" was one of my favorite things to say for a looong time after I watched that movie in Jr. high. It's not like it's relevant to anything; I don't understand what its appeal was. Weird.

cabesh said...

I think this post was awesome because:
1. You're so honest
2. I feel like I should blog (because I haven't since the day after Christmas), but I just can't bring myself to do it. But I don't have the guts to say I have nothing to write. Maybe I'll take it down. Anyway, I feel like you just did what I can't, but I wish I could.

Sherry said...

So, did you know that Roots is pretty much all plagiarized and based on really terrible genealogy research? Yeah, I found out after I read the book, loved it and wrote about it on my blog. It kind of ruined it for me.

And now I feel a little bad about ruining it for you. Except, the truth needs to be told. It is a book of lies.

P.S. My prove-you're-not-a-robot word is "mingfur." It amuses me.

QueenScarlett said...

I'm in your fan club...

b. said...

Went to a baby temple sealing today.
First baby.
Another family brought together by adoption.

Roots haunted me for years...don't watch it.

Snarky Belle said...

Sorry in advance if this is too sappy for you, but I really wish I could give you a HUGE hug today. Your comment made me feel much better....trolls, I LOVE IT!!!

You are an amazing kind of wise!!!
And, you ALWAYS make me laugh! THANK YOU!!!!!! :)

Choco Monkey Muffins...I need some.

Carina said...

Periods after sentences are so passe

Carina said...

It took EVERY BIT of willpower I owned to end that sentence without a period.

~j. said...

Superstar just whined the following to me:

"Mom, Curly wants me to pee like a boy still."

Also, this was heard on Sabbath last, expressed with glee by Curly:

"I love the Ting Tings!"

Gotta go pick up Papi. Being a one-car family with five kids and a Papi working in Draper is craptastic.

Monica said...

I to am counting the days until Nie Nie posts again!!! Proof that prayers are answered.

J Cubed said...

Um - you could come home for another visit. :-) That will brighten your spirits! And ours.

Sister Pottymouth said...

Periods suck. Commas rule.

soybeanlover said...

mmmmm choco monkey muffins.

Hmm reminds me I need to think of what to kill too.

...oh and I like the lame posts, 'cause no matter what you're still witty and funny.

La Yen said...

Thanks for the love. You labies sure know how to raise my self esteem.

I love the Ting Tings, too.

And Hooray for Bullhead!

Bek said...

I just love you. I wish that the months till W comes home would fly by, but I bet it is like waiting for anything..the last little bit takes the longest...

P. S. I can't get into Gossip Girl. Will you still be my friend?
R

La Yen said...

Bek, I will always be your friend. And you have it dead on for the last bit. It is soon enough to plan for things, but too far to stop taking out the trash and mowing the lawn.

Related Posts with Thumbnails