Happy Anniversary to my sweetheart.
I knew he was the one for me on our first date. (Wasn't particularly thrilled about the idea of marriage, but that is besides the point.)
In keeping with our traditions, we are doing nothing for our anniversary and I am sick.
And for the second time in twelve years, W is gone with the Army to a far-off land. How lucky are we that it has only been two times? Seriously. Not being snotty at all--we are REALLY lucky. We haven't seen each other in many months, and still have a bunch to go, but we are keeping on.
Because we are not quitters. (Well, I am a tremendous quitter, but not with marriage. With lots of other things, though. Like dance lessons for Jooj and sewing projects.)
I love everything about him. Even the grody things and the irritating things. Which I will not mention here, because it is our anniversary.
Things are good when you have your sweetheart by your (figurative) side, I tell you.
Did you know that when he came home for his 20 day vacation, he spent an entire day of it moving a guy from our ward? Not even the Elder's Quorum presidency showed up. But W was there. Because he is good like that.
And he is incapable of taking Jooj to the store and not buying her a present while they are there.
And whenever anything sad or scary or yucky or bad happens to my friends or family, the first thing out of his mouth is "Do you need to go help them? We can find a way to fly you there..."
And when my feelings are hurt or broken it takes physical restraint to get him to not go and punch someone out.
And if I said the word, he would give up Army. Even though he loves it. And it is his calling in life. And he is really, really, really good at it. He just would.
And that is pretty awesome.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Twelve Years a Year-ing
Labels: W rules.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Love this. Happy 12 Years...and here's to many, many more. And... many long nights of sumthin' sumthin'. ;-)
Happy anniversary! I think you are both pretty rad. Good times.
Isn't it great to have a hero?
He's one lucky soldier.
Hap hap happy anniversary!
They say - you marry your father. You are both lucky.
Happy Anniversary!
You are both pretty awesome!
You are an amazing woman.
You guys are awesome. We love you and look forward to W coming home.
Happy anniversary! I love this post, and I love that you are so in love. Congrats, and here's to many, many more years!
Also, I really hope we don't marry our fathers. I especially hope I didn't.
Post a Comment