Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nie Nie Day Auction!

So, as most of you know (all 12 of you readers) the internets are abuzz with love and service and glad tidings for our favorite Stephanie and her favorite family. One of the ways that people are banding together in a spirit of love and support (take a hint, Democrats!) is through auctions. So here are my offerings--two for the kids, one for the labies:

Item 1: This is a vintage pink apron, with hand-stitched chicken scratchy embroidery. It is a gingham, cotton half-apron and I love it. It has pockets, even. It will fit you. You should bid on this!


Item 2: I will make your kid some amazingly awesome slippers. You choose the color scheme, you choose the size. They go up to the ankle and are soft and slippy-slidey. (I estimate that these will take me a week or so to make, so be patient.)

One is the loneliest number. Especially when Jooj loses the other slipper.
Item 3: A fabulous kids apron. You choose the color scheme, you choose the size. And I even have some Olivia fabric left, if you have a little Livvy around! (Again, about a week, so be patient.)


How this will work: Leave your bid, and the item #, in the comments below. The auction will go until Midnight on Sunday (MST). The winning bids will then send the money to the NieNie fund (the button on the side bar) and I will send you your stuff! ALL proceeds from this auction are going to the Nielsons, so bid high, and bid often. As DesignMom says,

"I told Ben Blair that I'm hoping people are in a public radio mindset. Like when you hear the NPR commentators say: "pledge your membership of only $75.00 and we'll send you this canvas tote bag with our logo on it." You know the tote bag is worth maybe $5. But it's not about that. You're looking for a way to be generous and supportive. And the tote bag is just a bonus."

PS, thank you.

PPS: In Target yesterday Jooj told me "My vagina says thanks!" The end!

17 comments:

Bek said...

I'll start the bidding at 30$ for the pink apron...

CKW said...

I'll start at $20 for the kids apron (cute little model, by the way...)

La Yen said...

Thank you ladies--I was afraid I was going to have to make up fake bids to save myself esteem...

the DeCampos Family said...

$40 for #1

MamaFeather said...

$45 for the pink apron

Tiffany UnTwisted said...

$25 for the kids apron

CKW said...

$30 for #3

nevadanista said...

$50 for #1

La Yen said...

My friend Shirye (from here in the EP)just called me and asked if she could just donate some money and I would make her the slippers because Jooj is her daughter's best friend/arch nemesis (Her kid is the Nellie Olsen to Jooj's Half Pint, and Jooj is her daughter's Newman...) and I said of course. So there is some more money to Nie! Thanks, Shirye!

soybeanlover said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soybeanlover said...

$35 for #3

Mrs. Cropper said...

I'll bid $55 for the pink apron. It is DARLING.

nevadanista said...

$60 for #1

Mrs. Cropper said...

$61 for #1

Mrs. Cropper said...

OK I feel lame that I only upped the bidding by $1. I change my bid to $65 and am hoping that I squeezed in on time at 12:00!!

nevadanista said...

You're sneaky mrs. cropper, making a bid at exactly 12:00 am! Have fun with your new apron :)

nevadanista said...

Oh you're funny too, feeling lame for only upping it $1 :D You posted that while I was posting :)

Well I didn't win any auctions, so I'm going to match your winning bid. I hope a lot of money was raised this weekend!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails