Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Brief Interruption

W just sent me a copy of his military orders--the document that details who is going where, for how long, and what they will get paid.

So this is really happening.

And he leaves on December 28.

And there was an ominous line:
Deployment for fifteen months or until mission is completed.

Great.

13 comments:

QueenScarlett said...

Oh my ... hell. I'm so sorry. Your family... is amazing. We'll be sending prayers your way for protection.

Am'n2Deep said...

Oh La Yen, I am so sorry too. I can't even imagine. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers!!!

La Yen said...

Thanks, friends I will take all I can get. That little line worries me, because it is the blanket clause that reminds me how Army owns us. They invoked something like that when W first enlisted--and instead of coming home from basic training we went to Monterey for 2 years. (Which ended up being the HEAT! But I am not as optimistic about the outcome of an elongated deployment. Maybe they will decide that the conflict needs to be resolved in Maui...)
Happier post to come next!

Bek said...

Yikes... that does make me look at all the news casts differently.

Are you allowed to know where he is? Are we allowed to know what group he is with so when we hear on the news that the El Paso 45th whatever got ambushed, we know when to worry?

That is stressful for your whole family. Come and stay anytime you want to come back to Monteray (we are only 45 min away) or take Jooj on a world tour of awesome zoos (we have three....).

You are the hero (and all military wives...) your job is just as hard..

dastew said...

Yen, you're always welcome with us. We'll be pulling for W and hope he gets back quicker than he got back from Kosovo and in good health.

dalene said...

I'm sorry. Appreciative but sorry. And I'm with bek on the hero status.

Let me know what I can do--and I mean that.

Kalli Ko said...

My heart just broke a little. You are my hero, and W too, and jooj. You can do it! It will suck, but you can do it.

And I will take you to SLC to see chocolate dwarves as a consolation prize.

Carina said...

I vote that you do the great Western U.S. tour--we could use you and the jooj spending some quality time up here.

Do you watch Reaper? Does Sam's boss remind you of Hero Squad?

Geo said...

I vote for a Western tour. I'd like to meet you in person.

God bless you. My heart hurts for you, though I'm grateful too. "Thanks" just doesn't cover it.

Sister Pottymouth said...

What Geo said.

LuckyRedHen said...

Ugh. Period.

b. said...

My prayers will include you and your sweet family too. I'm sorry and humbled.

Lois said...

So sorry to hear this. My brother got sent back to Iraq on November 15th -- after they told him he didn't have to do another tour (and he did the first tour AFTER he was supposed to retire). It's so hard. I'll keep W in my prayers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails