Normally I do not do the memes, because they make me have the panic attacks. But this one was one was a topic I was already thinking about, and I took the Zoloft this morning so it should be fine.
Total Number of Books Owned
I would imagine close to 200 between the three of us, although I have been thinning them recently. I used to feel like I could never give away books, but moving so often has cured me of that. W is currently the book hoarder. I am trying to get him to use the liberry.
Last Book Bought
It is a tie--I ordered two off of ebay this week:
The Magic Spectacles (One I have been searching for for years)
Montessori from Birth to Age Three
Last book read
The whole book? That would be A Few Good Eggs. It is about fertility.
Every night I try to read some scriptures, though.
Five books that mean a lot to you:
The Book of Mormon. It is the basis for my every day living
The Grapes of Wrath. It is the first book that made me want to be a writer
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. The first book to ever Speak to me
Miss Suzy When I was about Jooj's age I had it memorized. My Aunt would show me to her friends and tell them I could read.
Crossing to Safety. Really, anything by Wallace Stegner. I did my senior seminar on this work. It touches my heart.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Tagged by Kayt
Labels: book reviews, memes, tag yourself
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I have yet to read about half those books. Thanks for the inspiration, and the nudge.
You sound pretty churchy in this post, are you becoming active?
Have you read Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith? One of my all time favorites.
Missed you today at lunch.
I need to get that book, Sue. Unfortunately I owe the library $10,000 I shall check on ebay. And Christmas is coming, so I need to get back on Santa's good list.
Azucar--what about I summarize them for you and you summarize Ken Burns for me? It will save us both ten hours. And we will both feel good about it.
thanks for playing along - I will be jotting down CROSSING TO SAFETY as a must read - it sounds great :)
Sue, I just paid my fine ($25) and found out that they do not have it. They do have three hundred books with Fabio on the cover and sixteen new diet books and thirty copies of the new Harry Potter. I shall check ebay.
One is on it's way. Should be coming to you within 2 weeks.
Post a Comment