Thursday, September 21, 2006

A La Queen Scarlett--just never say I didn't keep a record of you!







Eighteen months ago today, I received a call at my work saying that you were on the way--in five weeks. Two days later, I received another call at work saying that you were here, thanks to a low-pressure drop and subsequent snowstorm.

Yesterday you were able to climb up the playground equipment and slide down all by yourself.

You are five times heavier than you were, eighteen plus two, and eat a lot more than Costco formula.

You dance to any music, and you sing along in the car

You love to put on clothes--the other day you climbed into the dog's kennel to put pants on Rocky.
Eighteen plus two you arrived in a rainy-slushy storm, and today you still love the water--yesterday you proudly sat in the dog's water bowl.

You were covered in hair--we thought we might have to wax you before you entered PreK. Now your hair is in appropriate places--although your back and legs are still bushy. Just remember--Mommy grooms you for your own good.

I wanted to call you Peaches, but lately we call you Bee. Because that is your favorite word. You also say "medicine," "mom," "dog," "pop," "amen," and "Elmo." You laugh anytime you see Cookie Monster.

I love you so much, and you tire me out. I am glad I met you.

10 comments:

QueenScarlett said...

She is BEAUTIFUL...and Ilove the short pigtails. As always - you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful and perfect and beautiful. I think she has my eyes....oxox

Bek said...

What a beautiful girl!! I love her and can't wait until she is my daughter in law!! :-)

b. said...

She really is beautiful.....you are blessed! I have gotten that same phone call....3 times. Each time I had no idea the baby was coming, but now looking back, I spent the few days prior to each phone call "nesting" as I have heard pregnant mamas do. Whether you carry them or not....there must be a natural "knowing".

Guileless Mom said...

whAT the?!! What did this BIG girl do with our little cousin "bebegigi"???? SHE's so freaking big. Of course adorable as always. ;-)

LuckyRedHen said...

"...put pants on Rocky."

THAT, my friends, IS FUNNY.

(and I KNOW funny)

Carina said...

Dear Peaches Sugerbottom,
You're pretty cute. You give that Rocky what-for, he needs it.

Rick Galan said...

Bebe Jooja, you sure are cute. And you're getting so big! Thij is excited to play with you at Christmas time. We love you.

sue-donym said...

She is "bee"utiful! Lovely post. Is she crying because you were trying to get her to do the laundry?

Suzie Petunia said...

How very sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails