Monday, April 03, 2006

I swear I am not making this up:

El Paso Times, April 2 2006

"NEW AD!
Free to good home love able squirrel monkey named 'Albert' doesn't bite. Doesn't like children. Serious calls only. One mo. food incl."

12 comments:

LuckyRedHen said...

What the crap is a squirrel monkey? Is that a cross-breed? Like a cat dog. Or a rooster swan. I'd like a zebra giraffe.

Bek said...

Does one month of picking up poo come with that?

LuckyRedHen said...

Good one, bek. At the playground today 2 eight-year-olds were telling me that if they could pick any dog to have they'd pick a Papillion. The first 2 names that came to mind were Peepee and Poopoo. But with a French accent as in Pehpeh and Pohpoh. Your poo comment made me think of that. I'm going to go peh now.

Carina said...

Serious calls only. I wonder what kind of pranks they've received.

"Is your squirrel monkey running?.....wait..."

Maybe they really meant serious.
"I'm sorry to tell you that your mother has passed away. Now, about that squirrel monkey."

~j. said...

Carina - maybe because it's 1:30-ish a.m., i don't know...but that serious call is making me laugh so hard I have to peh.

cabesh said...

Aww...sounds like it needs a good home. La Yen? It could share Gigi's diapers.

Bek said...

Carina...you kill me. Serious calls only.

Every time my kids (and by kids I guess I mean Lulu) ask for a pet, Derek will tell them that he has enough poo to manage in our household thank you very much. :-)

LuckyRedHen said...

Bek, have Lulu tell him there won't be any poo, it's fancy poh!

La Yen said...

When thinking of names for my squirrel monkey, I choose sophisticated ones that denote the class an animal known for poh flinging might have. Like Albert, or maybe Jeeves.

"This is President Bush. I am calling to inquire about your squirrel monkey."

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Wondering: how long will the food included last and what is it?

imsewfunny: kanagroo rat?

~j. said...

Maybe the food is children...no, wait, Albert doesn't like children.

I know - it must be soup (Albert doesn't bite).

LuckyRedHen said...

Jane- I wonder if it were possible for a kangaroo and a rat to procreate if it would really be possible, logistically. Eewww.

Related Posts with Thumbnails