Saturday, March 04, 2006

For my big red bouncy ball

Dear Heavenly Father:
Thank you for not calling me to be the president of any organization.
Thank you for not giving me kids all those years that I begged you for them.
Thank you for always keeping your promises, and for not smiting me when I forget that you always keep your promises and I murmer.
Thanks for giving me afflictions, so that the good days seem so much better.
Thanks for making me strong and capable, and for getting me through the trials, so that when I look back I can see that the minutes after my hardest moments are my proudest ones.
Thank you for humoring me, and not visibly rolling your eyes at me.
Thanks for the examples in my life, the people who have it harder than me, and the people who make it all seem so easy. They give color and definition to my world.
Thanks for Warren Miller movies where people eat it in major ways.
Thank you for throwing me more rope, so that don't have to hang myself.
Thank you for not forcing me to be like everyone else, and for understanding that I am never going to be them.
Thanks for understanding when I go through identity crises and whispering that it is ok to make my choices, even when others don't agree.
Thanks for sending a good magazine every month, and for the spiritual whupping that I get.
Thanks for talking to me, even when I am clearly not in the mood to listen, and thanks for all of my extra chances.
I can't make it alone, and I am so thankful that I don't have to,
your daughter.

5 comments:

Bek said...

La Yen,

When I read your letters like this it reminds me to be grateful and not a stinky selfish oink oink that I sometimes can be.

You have great insight...

How is the quest for the perfect lotion going? Anything?

Guileless Mom said...

...and this is why I love La Yen!

QueenScarlett said...

Thanks for this - needed the reminder to be more grateful in my daily life. I'm so glad I have you to remind me.

Cheers!

Carina said...

and Hallelujah.


On Bek's topic, have you tried All Splendid Things link off my blog for lotion? It's Melanie Landon's little company and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE her lotions. Then again, I don't know what your lotion criteria are.

La Yen said...

The lotion that we found is the new Johnson's botanicals kind with extra moisturizing goodness. (Jooj has become a little more ethinc this month, and is getting the ashy skin, though nowhere near the ash-man, Cubby.) Good for Melanie Landon, to be all industrious. I always knew her hippy heart, combined with those horrible Tevas, would go far!

Related Posts with Thumbnails