Wednesday, January 11, 2006

"God made you a robot donkey, love made us friends"

Isn't it great when we discover that special brand of schadenfreud that reminds us that we are not the only ones drowning in our lives?
I talked to my friend yesterday and she was going through almost the exact same secrets that I have been keeping for a year, because no one understands.
That is why it is meant to be.
I breathed last night for the first time in a long time.
I love you, robot donkey, even if you sometimes have a beaver and may or may not be ready for some bunsies.

12 comments:

~j. said...

Thanks for the chat. A very well-spent hour and thirty-six minutes.

Makes me wonder how many others there are...

Also, for your FYI, and to put it bluntly: ding-dong. Early this morning.

~j. said...

And I won't be flying back for it. At least, I don't think I will.

~j. said...

(now, before any of you go and embarrass yourself by thinking that i meant something dirty, i'll tell you that I was referring to the fact that someone has passed away. thank you.)

Carina said...

Once upon a time I was talking to Melanee. I mentioned that I was thinking that I might want to go to a therapist to talk things out. She said "Hey! That's what friends are for! Talk to me instead." I don't think we use our girlfriends as much as we should.

Now, about that itching burning feeling...

Bek said...

Whatever it is that you have been worried about the past year..I am sure you aren't the only one.

As for therapy....in Sept I decided that the last few months were just way, way too much. I went to a therapist to help work things out and help me feel like breathing wasn't just a huge imposition and waste of time.

It was helpful, yes. But, I would say that the time that I was able to spend talking to, crying to, venting to or just plain annoying two of my very dear friends was just as helpful--if not more so. They KNOW me and can give me a better kind of validation. The only caveat is that you have to have someone who is a DEAR friend, who will forgive you for annoying them (you will) by saying the same things over and over again (you will) because that is what needs to be done to deal with it. That or someone who really doesn't know you at all. I feel very, very blessed to have not one, but two, of those. I joke with them that when I get rich I am going to send them on a vacation to Mexico or Hawaii--that is about the cost of what my therapist would have charged me. BTW, I don't go to the therapist...my friends are doing the job...

Just yesterday I got "punched in the gut" again and make a teary call or two.......

What would I do with out them? I am pretty sure I would be divorced and miserable.

I am sorry that you are having a hard go. It seems to be in the air...but the feeling you get when someone just GETS you is so comforting....I am glad you have the donkeyrobot. :-)

Bek said...

as for the "ding dong", I take it a witch is dead?
???????

Bek said...

as for the "ding dong", I take it a witch is dead?
???????

~j. said...

Yes. Call me mean if you must. To be honest, even her death is an enigma. (And it turns out I AM flying there for the funeral.)

Anonymous said...

From your blog, and the fact that you are going to the funeral,...it sounds like either your mom or your step mom passed. Sorry to hear it. Either of those 2 relationships can be difficult ones....especially when you (the daughter) are older. The "ding-dong" thing....funny!

Anonymous said...

BTW - If it is a step mom...I feel your pain. Why couldn't I get a good one? Step parent and step kid blogs....if there enough room in one cyber space?

Guileless Mom said...

Tia~ Sorry you have had to go through pain and struggling. Love you tons! I've always got an ear to lend.

Rachel said...

ummm...my two therapists saved my life, or at least made it SO MUCH BETTER! i agree with the whole bosom friends thing, but only to an extent. i have some AMAZING bosom friends flung across this wide country and i DO love talking to them. but even then, there is something about going to see someone you don't even know who is totally rooting for you. the first i saw was in utah and was male. i still feel like if and when i run into him, i will give him a big fat hug and thank him for being a totally innocent bystander who saved the day. the second therapist was post child in cali and through lds social services. i was a little scared and skeptical, but she ended up being so REAL, so everything that i needed. so, i'm ALL about therapy. love the girlfriends, but they aren't trained professionals.

Related Posts with Thumbnails